A photoblog with pictures I've taken of graffiti and street art in Moscow (and anywhere else I happen to travel).

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Brussels graffiti

This may be a bit off-topic, but I found so much interesting street art in such a small area when I was in Brussels a couple of weeks ago that it seems worthy of sharing. All of these photos were taken in the general vicinity of Avenue Louise at Stephanie Square. I was pleased to find in Brussels all of the same forms of graffiti/street art that one finds anywhere else - elaborate throw-ups, simpler tags, stickers (which I liked better than any I've ever seen before), and stencil graffiti.


Large throw-up in a pedestrian underpass under Avenue Louise, 3:02pm, March 14.


"Shine invasion" stencil graffiti in pedestrian underpass, 3:04pm, March 14 .


Graffiti'ed door in pedestrian underpass, 3:04pm, March 14.


Sticker, Stephanie Square, 3:14pm, March 14.


Tagged bench on Stephanie Square, 2:12pm, March 15.


Tagged bench (closeup) in BR, 2:12pm, March 15.


VIP tags on Avenue Louise, 2:13pm, March 15.


VIP tag (closeup), 2:13pm, March 15. I was surprised to see a tag
like this in Brussels - I would have expected to see something
like this in Moscow, where the term "VIP" is used and abused
by way too many service providers and establishments.


Stencil graffiti - looks like organs to me - on a sign, 2:20pm, March 15.


Wall across the street from the house where Audrey Hepburn was born, on
Keyenveld St., 2:22pm, March 15.


"Bubble" tag across the street from the house where Audrey Hepburn was born,
Keyenveld St., 2:22pm, March 15.


Sticker on lamppost, 2:24pm, March 15.


Tag on storefront, 2:27pm, March 15.


L'ove Nio tag (can someone tell me what this means?), 2:27pm, March 15.


Tagged-up gate to construction site, 3:24pm, March 15


"Bubble" tag, 3:27pm, March 15.


Tagged "no parking" sign, 3:28pm, March 15.


"Destroy" tag, 3:29pm, March 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

All text and images Copyright © 2005-06 by author unless otherwise noted

eXTReMe Tracker

Who Links Here