A photoblog with pictures I've taken of graffiti and street art in Moscow (and anywhere else I happen to travel).

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Graffiti - and bunnies! - under the watchful eye of the FSB

Walking home last Saturday from the Biblio-Globus bookstore, I happened into a side-street that amazed me with the amount of graffiti it contained. Clearly a crew of writers had spent some serious time on this street. Much to my surprise, I saw that the street - Furkasovsky Pereulok - is literally around the corner from the Lubyanka, the headquarters of the KGB, now known as the FSB. All of these photos were taken on March 26th between 5:17 and 5:26pm (once I saw the FSB guard, I knew I had to photograph in a hurry or someone would get suspicious):


Zachem - my introduction to Furkasovsky Pereulok.


Assorted tags, including Zachem and Sac, another familiar one.


Street sign flanked by banner ads in the display windows of a gift store.


Elaborate "Waste" tag.


Just like on the hot-dog stand in
this post, Ches is up in the middle of
someone's marketing plan.


Vostok tag, and a squiggly mark seeming to identify this all as the handiwork

of the MNE 1 crew.


"Trago" tag on the window of what seems to be a defunct store.


"Seks" - a tag that's all over downtown - on the next store window over.


Another sighting of the bunny
first spotted on 2nd Brestskaya St.


"Waste" again.


Another bunny rabbit.


Freaky stencil graffiti - some kind of face.



Abandoned store entrance (note Zachem in red on the glass).


One last bunny.


Looking toward Lubyanka - the infamous building is the yellow-and-pinkish

one in the background at the far right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's cool that you got some photos of my tags cause i got no camera and i will take some of your photos and i will have some tags of mine at last, thanx =)

nice blog

wastek

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

All text and images Copyright © 2005-06 by author unless otherwise noted

eXTReMe Tracker

Who Links Here