A photoblog with pictures I've taken of graffiti and street art in Moscow (and anywhere else I happen to travel).

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Stencil wisdom

I am planning a larger post on stencils. I've found quite a few interesting ones since Chris was kind enough to share his photo archive with me and I posted selections from it. But the ones in this post don't really fit in with the other stencil graf I've seen.

I happened upon these tiny gems the other day in a courtyard off of Bolshoi Patriarshy Pereulok. At first I almost didn't notice them among the other graffiti:



Then I realized that these tiny (roughly 2" X 4" or 5 X 10 cm) stencils carry classic counterculture/subversive ideas of a magnitude quite out of proportion to their physical size.


"Imitate yourself!'


"You grow dull in an office!" (with a presumably intentional spelling error)


"Stop history!"

All photos taken around 1pm, April 26, 2005.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, Im back in Dnepropretrovsk and am posting the occasionaly peice of grafitti as and when I come across it.

5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

All text and images Copyright © 2005-06 by author unless otherwise noted

eXTReMe Tracker

Who Links Here